Together with our members and key strategic partners we work to address the deep-rooted issues facing tea workers and farmers in our members’ supply chains. We tackle the areas that certification alone cannot reach; the sensitive, complex issues that need to be addressed via longer-term, grassroot focused work.
We work with a diverse range of partners, who support our work as ETP aims for a better, more sustainable tea industry for tea workers, farmers and the environment. Through our programmes and partnerships, to date our work has reached over one million people. Click here to learn more about our work.
Some of the partners and organisations we work with include:
- international and grassroot NGOs (such as UN agencies including UNICEF, as well as Oxfam and Sri Lanka based PALM Foundation)
- government organisations (including German development agency GIZ and IDH – Sustainable Trade Initiative)
- key bodies in the tea sector (including the Indian Tea Association, the Kenya Tea Development Authority and Tea Association of Malawi)
- technical experts (for example Natural Capital Partners)
- certification organisations (such as Fairtrade and Rainforest Alliance).